RISI Announces New Additions to 2013 Conference Lineup
Wednesday 04. September 2013 - Event Schedule Culminates in December at New Global Outlook Conference in Dubai
RISI, the leading information provider for the global forest products industry, today announced new additions to its 2013 conference schedule.
The conference lineup for the remainder of 2013 features regional events designed to deliver critical information to forest products industry professionals in Asia, the USA and Latin America, along with global events and its annual PPI Awards, which honor the achievements of companies, mills and individuals in the pulp and paper industry.
RISI’s 2013 regional conferences:
• RISI’s 28th Annual North American Forest Products Conference will take place October 7-9, 2013, at the Hotel del Coronado in San Diego, California. The conference will feature presentations from industry leaders on hot button issues facing the forest products industry as well as a CEO/Executive roundtable discussion. Leading RISI economists will also deliver two-year forecasts for pulp, paper, wood, timber and bioenergy markets.
• RISI’s first Asia Pacific Nonwovens Symposium will be held October 22, 2013, in Shanghai, and will focus on the impact of new technology and the key manufacturing trends facing the industry. High-level industry executives will present on a wide variety of topics, along with RISI economists, who will deliver two-year forecasts on critical areas of the industry. C2E8.
• RISI’s 2nd Annual China International Recycled Fiber Conference will be held November 6-8, 2013, in Hangzhou, China. Attendees will hear from RISI economists, gain new insight into the future of the recovered paper industry and meet with recovered paper experts, peers and business prospects from across the world.
• RISI’s first Latin American Paper Packaging Conference will be held November 18-20 in Miami, Florida. At the event, attendees will learn more about the fiber-based packaging market and will gain important insight into new business opportunities in the fast-growing Latin America market. Speakers will include high-level executives from leading end-user organizations and RISI economists, who will present two-year outlooks on critical areas of the industry.
RISI’s 2013 global events:
• PPI Transport Symposium 20 (TS20) will take place on October 28-31, 2013, at the Baltimore Convention Center in Baltimore, Maryland. TS20 is organized by RISI in association with the International Forest Products Transport Association (IFPTA). It is the longest running conference and exhibition dedicated to the global forest products logistics industry. The event focuses on the issues surrounding the worldwide transport, materials handling and distribution of forest products.
• RISI’s Global Outlook Conference will be held December 9-11 in Dubai at the Ritz-Carlton, Dubai International Financial Centre. The Global Outlook Conference marks the first time RISI has held a conference in the UAE, and this year’s event will focus on global and regional issues of interest to leaders from around the world. Top CEOs and other high-level executives will deliver presentations and participate in panel discussions along with RISI economists, who will deliver two-year outlooks on critical market segments.
• The 2013 PPI Awards will take place December 11 in Dubai, after the conclusion of the RISI Global Outlook Conference. The PPI Awards program recognizes leadership, vision, innovation and strategic accomplishments within the pulp and paper industry. The Awards are the only global honors dedicated to recognizing the achievements of companies, mills and individuals in the pulp and paper sector.