ColorGATE announces three new solutions and services
Tuesday 07. July 2020 - It has spot color libraries for PANTONE and Free Color, and includes additional settings for the Ink Saver function. Industrial users will also benefit from the new Retouch Module, which allows last minute color corrections before printing while remaining consistent with the color management workflow, and the Color Correction Loop Module, which is a prerequisite for iterative color correction processes in décor production.
The ColorGATE Productionserver is the company’s core product. The new Version 20 has been updated to Adobe’s PDF Print Engine 5, supports spectral spot color definitions and brings compatibility with PantoneLIVE.
For the industrial versions of Productionserver, ColorGATE will offer a subscription price model starting with version 20. This new “Subscription License” combines all costs associated with the use and maintenance of the ColorGATE software into a calculable annual fee and helps production managers to keep their software solution up-to-date and always productive.
Productionserver 20 will be available from July 2020. The ColorGATE products Proofgate and Filmgate have also been updated to version 20. All ColorGATE users with an active Value Pack will receive the new version free of charge. New customers can obtain Productionserver from a global network of authorized sales partners.
ColorGATE Custom Create
Also starting in July 2020, ColorGATE will launch Custom Create, a new end-to-end workflow solution that connects print buyers, print service providers and brand owners. At the heart of Custom Create is a powerful, Magento-based e-commerce engine with advanced features such as a Product Creator with advanced customization functions and 3D product previews, as well as an individually configurable pricing engine that supports all leading payment methods.
Other modules that ColorGATE will make available in the coming quarters include online marketing support, connectors to creative applications, job ticketing and fulfillment functions such as inventory and shipping management. The workflow solution works seamlessly with the Productionserver from ColorGATE. ColorGATE Custom Create is aimed at digital finishers, print service providers, brand owners, designers, fulfillment service providers as well as all types of print buyers (private and commercial) who want to generate income from the production of merchandise and other products with their brand. Custom Create is available directly from ColorGATE.
Professional color management services
The Professional Services Team from ColorGATE is known for its color management and application know-how and covers all process steps. ColorGATE launches a range of professional color management services where users can select a standardized service from a menu. These include:
– Needs analysis, including an in-depth evaluation of an existing color management workflow for accuracy and compliance with established standards
– Color management packages for designers, training, a spectrophotometer, a sample book and optionally a license for ColorGATE Productionserver
– Color management packages for soft proofing, training, spectrophotometer, light booth, profiling software and optional quarterly review
– Color management packages for production proofing, training, inkjet printer, proofing media, proofing software, standard light booth, spectrophotometer and optional quarterly support
– Color management for professional printing package, including DFE Profiler from ColorGATE, training, spectrophotometer and optional quarterly assistance service, inkjet printer, proofing media, light booth and quarterly assistance
– Flexible consulting service for customers whose requirements are not covered by the menu items.
This offer can be booked directly at ColorGATE starting in July.
Thomas Kirschner, CEO and founder of ColorGATE, comments: “At the beginning of the current economic situation, we decided to concentrate our energy on further developing our organization and on refining and completing the solutions that we originally intended to announce during Drupa 2020. In this way, we are quickly getting out of the starting blocks to support our users with the innovations that are needed right now to take advantage of the opportunities offered by online business, “mass cusomization”, digital decentralized production and backshoring. ColorGATE will continue to be an innovator in the industry by combining practical application know-how with expertise in software development and inkjet printing technology”.