Inkjet & Digital Printing
Kodak Announces Groundbreaking Innovations across Digital and Offset Portfolio
Tuesday 16. June 2020 - Kodak today announced a revolutionary new inkjet press and an enhanced portfolio of offset and digital solutions designed to deliver an unmatched return on investment. Kodaks game-changing technology allows printers to increase profitability by making their traditional workflows more efficient while creating opportunities for growth.
New KODAK PROSPER ULTRA 520 Inkjet Press powered by KODAK ULTRASTREAM Inkjet Technology closes quality gap with offset at production speeds
Inkjet Reimagined: The revolutionary new KODAK PROSPER ULTRA 520 Press:
The KODAK PROSPER 6000 Press transformed the way printers use digital technology in commercial print applications. The KODAK PROSPER ULTRA 520 Press builds on that heritage and takes inkjet to the next level, delivering offset-like quality at a consistent production speed of 150 mpm/500 FPM on glossy papers with high ink coverage and variable print — all at the industry’s lowest cost of operation.
The new press is the first Kodak-manufactured press using Kodak’s revolutionary ULTRASTREAM writing system, which employs high-precision placement of smaller, perfectly round, satellite-free drops to produce the highest inkjet image quality available in the marketplace today. The PROSPER ULTRA 520 is engineered to maximize productivity by printing across a broad range of substrates using the industry’s most versatile, highest quality and cost-effective water-based inks. As a complete system, the PROSPER ULTRA 520 is a game-changer that will help printers profitably grow their businesses across a range of applications, including direct mail, marketing collateral, catalogs, books and more. The PROSPER ULTRA 520 Press is scheduled to be available at the end of 2020.
The World’s Most Productive Digital Flexible Film Press – The UTECO Sapphire EVO W Press:
• The Sapphire EVO W is the first digital packaging press to match the productivity of flexo and the quality of gravure. It uses Kodak’s high-resolution ULTRASTREAM Inkjet Technology and QD Packaging Inks to bring the endless opportunities of digital printing into mainstream production of flexible packaging. With run lengths of up to 20,000 m2, or more with variable content, the Sapphire EVO W is a disruptive solution that allows brands to adopt innovative packaging that leverages the advantages of digital printing. The Sapphire EVO W Press is available today worldwide.
Continuous Improvements for Offset Printers
While digital is driving the future of print, Kodak continues to invest in developing market-changing technology for offset printers.
Introducing the KODAK SONORA XTRA Process Free Plates:
• Kodak continues to lead the market with innovations in process free plate technology with the industry’s next-generation plate, which delivers stronger image contrast, improved handling robustness, and faster imaging speeds. SONORA Plate technology is the world’s most widely used and trusted process free plate technology, embraced by over 4,000 printers of all sizes around the world. The SONORA XTRA Process Free Plate is scheduled to be available at the end of 2020.
The Next Evolution of KODAK PRINERGY Workflow has arrived with the KODAK PRINERGY On Demand Workflow Platform:
• PRINERGY On Demand is a new global platform that hosts a suite of offerings that modernize and maximize a customer’s PRINERGY Workflow investment. Select customers are already experiencing the increased security, reliability, efficiency, and remote work flexibility of PRINERGY On Demand hosted and managed by Kodak in the cloud under a cost-effective monthly subscription. PRINERGY On Demand is backed by the secure network infrastructure of Microsoft Azure, so customers can be confident that their data and system are always protected. PRINERGY On Demand is available now, with new options planned to be rolled out at the end of 2020.
World’s Fastest 8-Page Platesetter:
• Cranking up the speed another notch, Kodak is introducing the world’s fastest 8-Page CTP for process free plates with the new KODAK MAGNUS Q800 Platesetter with T-Speed. The MAGNUS Q800 Platesetter will now be able to image up to 80 plates per hour to help maximize the productivity of offset workflows. Faster imaging speeds need automation that can keep up, so Kodak is also introducing an updated Multi-Pallet Loader that matches the 80 pph speed and with a capacity of up to 3,200 plates. The T-Speed MAGNUS Q800 Platesetter will be available for beta testing this month and in production in September 2020. 1,500 plates per pallet capacity for Single Pallet Loader/Multi Pallet Loader will start shipping in June 2020.
KODAK MAGNUS Q4800 Platesetter:
• Available in 2021, the new MAGNUS Q4800 Platesetter will deliver industry-leading speed and productivity for extra-large format (XLF) plate making. It will deliver the fastest throughput for XLF size plates for 96-page presses and provides market-leading throughput for 1,650 mm size plates, with dual plate loading. It will also have the most flexible pallet automation available with up to 8 plate sizes online and up to 4,800 plates online.
“Kodak is investing approximately $25 million a year in advancing print technology, doubling down on digital print and delivering the products our customers need to drive productivity and growth as the industry evolves,” said Jim Continenza, Kodak’s Executive Chairman. “The revolutionary new PROSPER ULTRA 520 Inkjet Press is the product of our heritage of innovation in print and our continuing focus on developing breakthrough technologies. Printers can rely on the full range of KODAK SOLUTIONS, from offset plates to workflow software to digital presses, to deliver performance that pays.”